Monday, January 26, 2009

APT Loses the T

Alameda Power and Telecom has been my cable and internet service provider ever since they added Telecom to their name. At the time they were cutting edge. As an IT professional I admired their superior internet service and their expanded channel line-up. Additionally, they brought digital cable to the island before anyone else.

But a couple of years in, something happened; I left IT and stopped keeping up with current technology, so did APT.

Comcast Cable and Internet was installed today. It was like getting indoor plumbing for the first time, or at the very least, it was like getting my first automatic dishwasher. The internet speed is incredible and they have LOGO, which, despite letters from Ken and I, APT did not offer. To top it off, Comcast is cheaper!

That's what I get for for counting on my little island home to keep up with the Jones.

No comments: