Friday, April 18, 2008

Honey Cake

Saturday is Passover and as Ken's shiksa I was asked to make a Honey Cake, which is a traditional Passover dessert comparable to Fruit Cake at Christmas; you have some, but you don't like it.

I tried two different so-so recipes for the standard Honey Cake and then I stumbled onto a recipe for Chocolate Orange and Honey Cake. The ingredient that caught my eye...

1 1/2 Pounds Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate

I think any cake recipe that calls for pounds of chocolate is just really super and must be made. This year I'm going to bend tradition; pass the insulin please.





4 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds really yummy. Let us know how it turns out. You always make the best desserts!

Erica said...

This is why people love you...

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!!...but before you compare yourself to JESUS, shouldn't you be able to turn water to wine, or part a river, or even bleed from your hands??? and what's with that sofa table? I saw the exact same one at IKEA for $12.95 and you have to put it together yourself..Is that what your meant about being a carpenter????

It really was well written, but no pictures of you!!
Take care and enjoy Chicago...I will be in PS at CCBC trying to hold a prayer meeting for all the sinners...

Love you
Dominick

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.